Thursday, November 5, 2009

The only day I'll be glad my brother isn't at Ft. Hood...


Gunmen in military uniforms started shooting at Fort Hood, Texas, today around 1:30pm, taking the lives of 12 soldiers, and injuring 31.
This is the most updated information that I've seen in the last hour, as I am mesmerized by the LIVE footage I'm watching online. I first heard about this from Natalee Harp-Blakely...(Jenn Monroe's sister) as she had posted a message on Facebook...her husband is safe, thank goodness, but the base is on lockdown for now. Out of the 12 killed, one of them has been identified as a shooter and they have two other suspects in custody!
This is absolutely shocking! It's one thing for American families to worry about their sons and daughters serving in general...another to have sons and daughters fall while serving overseas...it's horrifying for this to have happened on U.S. soil!
My thoughts and prayers are with the families, and friends of the fallen.
UPDATED 11/6/2009

No comments: