Friday, November 20, 2009

Makes you think...


In the book I'm reading right now there was a excerpt that really made me stop and think...It was from the Letter of Paul to the Philippians in the bible and it said this:

"For I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content in it. I know how to be humbled, and I know also how to abound. In all things I have learned the secret both to be filled and to be hungry, both to abound, and to be in need..."

It's a simple idea in a very graceful language, that I wish resonated with me more. Daily life is a roller coaster, you take the good with the bad, and emotionally it can all be so exhausting. Striving to be content seems out of reach at times because as human beings we'll always want more and we'll always think we need more. Won't we?

While I am still growing in my relationship with God, I make it a point to pray for clarity for questions I have and for the questions of others in my life, and I also thank Him for all of the blessings he has given me. In these moments of prayer, I do feel content...knowing that I'm being heard, and having faith that I will one day see what I am supposed to see.


No comments: