Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Inspiration through song...


I've always been amazed at how a song can stir up certain emotions...it can call forth a memory, it can speak to you in ways a close friend can't, it can make you hurt, smile, and even bring a tear to your eye...

As I sit here, a song by Ginny Owens is playing and is speaking to me in such a personal way, I felt the need to share her story and the lyrics with you. I first heard about this woman from Miss Cindy Buell. She told me how Ginny had been invited to perform at her church in Buckhead, GA and Cindy was touched by her story and the song and passed it along to me. There is so to her story that I had to attach her bio, so please read it! In short, she became blind at the age of 3, but has had much success as a recording artist. She's sold over a million records, and continues to tour, and share her story with people all over the country. I find her story encouraging, and her faith inspiring. As much as I take for granted on a daily basis, hearing stories like this makes me appreciate what I have and the life that God is laying out around me. He embraces us and clinging to him and loving him is what Ginny's message is all about.


This song is about what lies ahead, and although there is suffering, we grow, and we grow through God's love!

"If You Want Me To"

The pathway is broken, and the signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me, the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to

Cause I'm not who I was When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire If You want me to
It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy You only said I'd never go alone

So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself, And I can't hear
You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley If You want me to

No comments: