Friday, January 21, 2011

good read

I have a very small attention span sometimes when it comes to reading. It's become a problem. I'm one of those girls who like page turners...you know, the ones where you read until 2:00am when you can barely keep your eyes open, or can't wait to get home so you bring it in your purse and read it at the stop light (don't judge me.) So, yes,  there have been many books that I haven't really given a chance. Our bookshelf is housing about 15 books that I've opened, read a few chapters, and decided it wasn't worth it...at the moment. It's my loss, I know.

By a loving nudge from my husband, I picked up For One More Day, by Mitch Albom for the second time, and haven't been able to put it down. I'm sure many of you have already read this, and I'm sad that it's taken me so long to pick it up and appreciate it. He writes so simply and with such vivid detail. I enjoy books that make me emotional. I also enjoy books that whisper a reminder to what is important in life....this book is both of those things, and so much more.

There are many lessons between this hardcover, but one that sticks out the most, is how much my mom always stood up for me. (if you've read the book, you know what I mean...) My mom encouraged me, she was strong for me, and she loved me the best everyday. I only hope that one day my little girl will feel the same way about me (insert awww here!)

What would you do....if you had one more day to spend with someone you loved?

No comments: