Wednesday, March 17, 2010

small group inspired

Last night a reoccurring theme popped up in my small group, and I could not stop thinking about it long after I laid down to count some sheep...

Giving. 

In one way or another we all want to find our own special way to give back...as we all realize how fortunate we are, thankful, and consider ourselves blessed with what we have. I always feel very lucky, and proud  of the women that I'm surrounded by on Tuesday evenings, and I know that despite what we sometimes may think, we're giving back in ways we aren't even aware of, and I know this because we all have very big hearts that are filled to the rim with love to give...
I haven't thought about this story in so long, but it was one of my favorite childhood reads and I thought it was appropriate to quote... The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein

"I am too big to climb and play", said the boy. "I want to buy things and have fun. I want some money. Can you give me some money?" "I'm sorry," said the tree, "but I have no money, I have only leaves and apples. Take my apples, Boy, and sell them in the city. Then you will have money and you will be happy." And so the boy climbed up the tree and gathered her apples and carried them away. And the tree was happy.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

This post gave me chills. I love it! Our small group is luck to have you.