Monday, March 1, 2010

Home away from home...

What a wonderful time in Florida we had! Leaving 25 degree weather behind us, and finally seeing the sun was just what we needed to recharge our batteries!

Jason and I headed to Florida last Wednesday. The trip started off well with no hassles at the airport, followed be a beautiful sunny morning! We sat outside, enjoyed hot coffee, and  we talked for awhile. Oh so relaxing! I must say, my parents have it made down there. It's quiet, and cozy, there are tons of palm trees everywhere:) The pool was warm, the sun was out, and of course I got burnt the first day! I really should know by now to put on sunblock, especially since my skin hasn't seen sunlight in months. Lesson learned!!! We did a lot of catching up, reading, napping, eating, sunbathing, shopping, eating, game playing, manatee watching, drinking, olympic watching...and more eating! We went to the Shrimp Shack one night and it was "shrimply delicious" just like their t-shirts say! The Outlets were awesome too, I definitely did some damage at Banana Republic:) 

Bright at early Sunday morning we headed to the airport, so sad! So, it's Monday again and another week is starring me in the face...at least my red arms are now brown, and I'm relaxed and happy! Thanks Mom & Johnson for an amazing time!!! We love you, and already can't wait to visit next year! XOXO


No comments: