Tuesday, September 20, 2011

She's here!!!



Ryleigh Anne Kingma
9/16/11
7 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long! 


We are so in love with our little girl! She is the most precious gift and we thank God for this miracle everyday! 

My water broke and contractions started at 12:30am, and after waiting at home for a bit we headed to the ER around 4:00am. They admitted me and the LONG day began. I labored until 4:30ish later that afternoon as Miss Ryleigh was born at 5:29pm! I will say, the Epidural saved me, the nurses were amazing, and my Doctor was fantastic! I am so blessed to have had the best experience possible while bringing my little girl into the world. Of course I'm biased, but she is the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen:) 


She's so loved already and has no idea just how spoiled she's going to be, especially by all of her grandparents! 


We packed up and brought her home on Sunday and made sure everything was where it needed to be to start the week ahead. I was anticipating a weird schedule as we did take advantage of the nursery while we were in the hospital so that we could rest and sleep to be on our A game when we got home! She seems to have her days and nights mixed up a bit, but I'm sure it'll work itself out as long as we keep on a good feeding schedule. Grandma Neel came to stay with us because Daddy was called in for Jury Duty (ridiculous timing we know) but it is what it is and we'll deal with it the best we can! 


You think you'll be prepared for the lack of sleep part of all this, but man, it's hard! I am so sensitive to her sounds now that I don't think I actually sleep when she's near me for fear that I'll miss something...but Daddy helped out a ton last night and I was able to get a couple of hours in, and it's amazing what 4 hours can do! 


So, that's the update for now, and I'm sure there will be more to come as we face each day of this wonderful journey with Ryleigh. Thank you for all the well wishes, prayers, and congrats, we are so blessed to be surrounded by so much love!



No comments: