Sunday, September 11, 2011

impatiently waiting and reflecting

Well, it seems our little girl is going to take her own precious time to get here...I thought she would have made her debut by now (especially when Michigan scored their winning touchdown last night) but it seems we're still hanging out...preparing while impatiently waiting. 


I am in the early stages of labor according to my doctor! I won't get all technical on here as I believe that can be TMI...but things are in motion which we do feel great about. The backaches are getting more intense, and I'm getting more and more uncomfortable...but Sept 19 is still 8 days away so stay tuned! 


Today has been a quiet day in the Kingma household as we've been resting, reflecting, and remembering 9/11. 


I've been glued to the t.v. today watching all of the memorial coverage and documentaries...even some of the commercials have had me crying. It's amazing to think that it all happened so many years ago. The one true beauty in it all is that in the midst of war and hate there has been growth in a love for our country. Through the pain comes strength. I also am thinking of my brother today and am just so proud that he is serving our country in Iraq. Praying for his safety and that with every mission he's sent on that he returns safe. 


As impatient as I can be, it's days like today that show me that things don't always go as we plan, and that one day can forever change you. 











No comments: