Friday, September 30, 2011

thankful


There were so many things I was looking forward to witnessing with the birth of our little Ryleigh, but one of the most exciting things was watching Jason be her dad. He loves me so perfectly, and I couldn't wait to see how that love would grow and be given to her. From the moment he saw her I knew he was smitten. We both were! He is so amazing with her, and I already know that she's going to be a daddy's girl. He's gentle, loving, and so patient in all situations. He has this calming presence that I know keeps her content, and when he snuggles her my heart melts. 

I thank God everyday for this wonderful man that He brought into my life, and for the dad he is  and will be for our little girl! 

Our one year anniversary is coming up, and as I sit here reflecting on all that has happened, I realize how blessed we are, how happy we are, how there is so much more ahead of us, and how lucky I am to be sharing this life with Jason. 

No comments: