Wednesday, February 10, 2010

...profound insight found in the most unlikely of places...

Fellow "Bachelor" fans, I'm sure you were watching on Monday night, which means you'll remember when Jake (our very attractive, and extremely emotional bachelor) said something I found to be incredibly insightful. I won't go into the details of the situation as not to bore those of you who are silly enough NOT to watch the show, but someone was trying to make a huge decision between keeping a job, or finding love....

His response: "Life is about trying to minimize your regrets" 

I don't know about you, but I think this is right on! The wheels started turning and of course I began to take inventory of the things in my life that I might regret. Of course there are things that I wish I hadn't said, or may have said differently. I would tell the people in my life how much I care about them even more than I do now. I would be sure I was running toward something instead of running away. I wouldn't hold any grudges. I would pray more! As these are things I try to do now on an every day basis, I can honestly say there isn't really one major thing I regret. I am where I am because of the decisions I've made and the journey I've taken. I'm happy, content, and have a positive outlook for the days ahead.

This came from a very unlikely source, but it made me think, and most of all made me appreciate the things I know I take for granted! Thanks Jake!!! 

No comments: