Friday, January 15, 2010

Praying for Haiti


As tragedy strikes it comes down to one thing...who is willing to help, and how? Watching footage, seeing pictures, and reading articles is horrifying and gut wrenching. I was at the gym running on the treadmill and about lost it right there at my 2 mile mark...tears stung my eyes, and goose bumps littered my arms, and I said a prayer. A country that already had so many issues is now in rubble, and the dead bodies all over the streets...so overwhelming...I cannot imagine what it must be like to be there. I would like to be there. Helping. Doing something, anything to heal or just give the smallest bit of hope and comfort to someone in need. As time and life would have it, I am not in a position to do that and have 110% respect for the men and women who are giving aid to all of the people in need.

We are so fortunate to live in a country that has a stable government (although some may disagree) and we have health care, medicine, and jobs. We're able to provide ourselves with shelter, food, and clean drinking water. I think these are things we all take for granted daily.
I know I do! When the days seem long and something doesn't go our way, we tend to get upset and let the small things interfere with the things that are truly important.

I am so thankful for the people in my life, the roof over my head, the job I have to go to everyday, and all the opportunities that have been presented to me. I am overwhelmingly blessed.

Pray for Haiti!

No comments: