Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Crossing my fingers...



"The soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bare the deepest wounds and scars of war."
General Douglas MacArthur

As most of you know my little brother, Davey, has been stationed overseas for the last 5 months and I sit here crossing my fingers, so tightly because he may be home in just 10 short days!!! Now, the ARMY isn't as organized as one would think (as they don't often know the exact dates of departures or arrivals) but for this exciting news, I sure hope they are spot on! It would be the best answer to my long months worth of prayers for my baby brother to be home safe and sound! I am so proud of him, and can't wait to hug him, smell him, hear his stories, see his smile, and most of all I can't wait to thank him for putting his life on the line everyday so that we can sleep safe at night and breathe free in the morning!

No comments: