Thursday, January 21, 2010

Here's to you...



The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.  ~Elisabeth Foley

I love this quote! It's such a simple thought, but I find that it's incredibly accurate! I have said this many times, but I am so blessed to have the friends that I do...the people that I've grown up with, the people that love me despite my faults, and the people that I know are always there to share all of the good times and help me through the bad. 

A couple of those people were visiting recently! Last weekend the girls came Chicago  so that we could celebrate Jenny's 26th birthday! We had a great day full of eating, shopping, talking, sipping wine, and as always we laughed till we cried on several occasions! We've all known each other for years, and as life does, its taken us all down very different paths and far away places. The most unique thing about getting together like we do (not as often as we'd like) is pick up right where we left off. We can talk about everything that's new and exciting, but the best part is reliving some of the best times we've ever had and 9 out of 10 times it involves all of us being together! Laughing about college, or high school, and sometimes even middle school, and as many times as we've told the stories before and laughed, it seems the older we get the funnier the stories are and we can't help ourselves and before we know it we're laughing so hard we can't breathe. It may sound funny, but in those moments, I'm alive, filled with love, and I'm humbled because I realize just how lucky I am to have these women in my life. I wouldn't be the same person without them and the beautiful, life long memories we've  created. 

As time quickly passes these trips together unfortunately seem few and far in between, but we have such a strong bond that the time and distance can't break it. Within the last couple of years so many exciting things have happened to us all, and there are many, many, many more exciting things to come! 

 

No comments: