Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Decking our halls

Ryleigh has been such a good girl today which means I've been able to get some things done around the house! Yesterday she was being quite the little diva. She's quickly finding her voice and wanting to be picked up more and more...I can't blame her, laying around has to be getting pretty boring!

She has made many a trip to Hobby Lobby with me within the past couple of weeks and we've gotten some really good deals on Christmas decorations. Of course many of the ideas I have floating around in my head are from Pinterest and I was so excited to see how they'd turn out. The arrangement I made was so simple and I bought the glass cylinder and just stacked small christmas colored ornaments in it! The both turned out great and are already sitting on our counter! I can't wait to get the rest of our things down from the attic and get our christmas tree set up!

One of my most favorite little snacky things during christmas is puppy chow! I made a big batch today and am pretty sure it won't last long:)

It's super simple:

Puppy Chow

9 cups of Crispix
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar

1. Melt the chocolate chips over low heat, and add peanut butter. Stir until smooth.
2. Pour melted chocolate mixture over Crispix until well coated.
3. Put confectioners sugar in a sealable plastic bag, add chocolate covered Crispix and coat well.
4. Enjoy!






No comments: