Tuesday, November 1, 2011

One Year Anniversary

What a year it has been! We got hitched, found out Ryleigh was on the way, bought a house, and welcomed Ryleigh into the world! As I sit down and reflect on everything I thank God for every blessing he's given our family and pray that he continues to bless us today and every day that follows! 


A couple of days before our anniversary celebration, I was told to pack an overnight bag and await my surprise! We dropped Miss Ryleigh off at Grandma and Grandpa Kingma's (it was her first overnight away from us, so I was a little apprehensive, but I knew she'd be just fine) and we headed downtown to have dinner at the new Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. We had an amazing dinner, and talked about the past year, and what kinds of things we want to do in year two! After dinner, Jason surprised me with a room at the JW Marriott! We so needed a quiet night with just the two of us, so I was so excited! The room was gorgeous, and waiting for me were roses, chocolate covered strawberries (made by Jason himself) and lit candles filled the room! We toasted to our one year with our heart shaped glasses from our wedding day, such a cute and thoughtful detail. 


The next morning we headed home and watched our wedding video! What a perfect day...emotional and memorable, and I married the man of my dreams and best friend! 


Jason, you are amazing and I am so blessed to have you as my husband. I have loved living life with you, and can't wait to see what the next year brings! 


Always yours, 
Courtney Marie






No comments: