Monday, November 7, 2011

Chicago, I miss you.

Ryleigh is sleeping soundly next to me, and I'm watching Bill & Giuliana  on the Style network (yes yes I know...mindless TV is bad!) Bill is from Chicago and a lot of the show is shot there and in this such episode it showed the couple dining at Carmine's on Rush St. and strolling down Michigan Ave. doing some shopping. I always miss Chicago, but seeing it made me miss it all the more. 


I miss the people. I miss being able to walk a couple of blocks and have a plethora of restaurant options available to us. I miss having a Starbucks on every corner. I miss being so close to the beach. I miss exploring the city. I miss playing bags at Wise Fools. I miss laying in Oz park while reading a new book. I miss Ann Sather's cinnamon rolls. I miss Cody's. I miss Gaslight and my oh so favorite Montana Wrap. I miss Sweet Mandy B's. I  miss the shopping on State St. I miss eating lunch by the river just outside my old office. I miss late nights out with friends and dance parties....the list could go on and on. 


We can't wait to bring Ryleigh to Chicago someday and show her why we love it so much! 
Until then...we'll just keep missing you Chicago....we'll visit soon! 




No comments: