Sunday, May 8, 2011

Reflections

When God closes one door, he opens another. I'm sure we've all heard this before, but as I think back to the week my family and I have had to endure it seems very fitting. Monday morning I received a phone call that my Grandma Hall had passed away. I admit, even though I had been anticipating this news because of her health failing so rapidly, hearing those words still never seems to sink in appropriately. 


We are all so happy that she is finally at peace and that she is now with my Grandpa in heaven most likely playing solitaire, wearing her bright pink lipstick, while waiting to take her banana cream pie out of the oven:) 


In the midst of all of the sad news we were still dealing with, Jason and I experienced a small miracle of our own...our first ultrasound! We were able to see Baby K for the first time and I fell in love a million times over. It was the single most amazing thing I have ever seen! The baby is growing perfectly, and I continue to be healthy as well. The only thing that could have gone differently was finding out what the sex was...Baby K was spine up and being incredibly stubborn (there is definitely some Hall blood in there, that's for sure) and we'll have to go back May 24th for another ultrasound. I admit, I'm excited to be able to see the baby again, and I pray that he/she will cooperate this time, but I can't help how impatient I feel! 


This weekend we also celebrated Mother's Day! We were able to spend time with Kathy, and have dinner with my Mom on Saturday, and had brunch with Jason's family after church this morning. I am so blessed to have all of these women in my life! 


Specifically, My Mom. 


Mom, 
I am the woman I am because of the way you raised me. Your unfailing love, support, encouragement, and continued blessings have helped shape me, and I am forever grateful. You are my best friend, and constant rock. I only hope to be that kind of mother for my son or daughter one day. 
I love you very much, 
Courtney Marie




Baby K Sucking his or her thumb! & Spine up, stinker!!!



We love you Grandma! 

No comments: