Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's a girl:)

Jason and had our second ultra sound yesterday and Baby K was in a much better position (after I drank about a gallon of water and some OJ for a bit of a sugar rush! She's a girl!!! We both had a feeling, and it was confirmed! We are so excited, and Jason knows he's in trouble...he'll be wrapped around her tiny little fingers from the second she is brought into the world! 


I want to go out and buy everything that is purple! We can finally start planning on colors for the nursery, and I love referring to her by her real name (this will remain a secret until she's born! Sorry guys!) 


This past weekend Jason and I attended our child birth class. It was a weekend deal, so we were committed for Friday night and 6 hours on Saturday. It was a lot of information and a bit overwhelming, but I'm so glad we did it. We learned about the labor process, relaxation tips, breathing techniques, child safety, basic child care, breastfeeding, and so much more! I admit, even after seeing the birthing videos I'm still not that nervous about the labor....this probably isn't normal is it? I know it's going to be extremely painful, but we'll have a beautiful baby girl at the end of it, so all the pain will be worth it! 


I'm 24 weeks right now and feeling good! I still want to eat just about anything and everything, my belly is still growing, and I'm still pretty tired, but I feel good and really can't complain! Everything with the ultra sound went perfectly, and she looks beautiful:) Our next appointment is on June 3rd and after that will be all of the testing for diabetes! That should be interesting! 


Here are some of the ultra sound photos! The 3D pictures are so crazy aren't they?! You can see her little hand by her face, and then there's a great 3D shot of her left arm! It's so amazing!!! God is good! 





1 comment:

Paige said...

Congrats!!! That is great news! I did a purple nursery for my second one. It's such a fun alternative. I was pinked out by the time she came around. Enjoy your pregnancy!