Wednesday, May 5, 2010

a spoon full of sugar...


Just how short is my fuse? Do I even have a fuse? Some days I am not entirely sure. I take deep breathes, regroup, and say to myself..."get it together Court, it's not a big deal!" Basically, I'm admitting to sweating the small stuff. The smallest stuff. The things I can't control. The things I'll never be able to control. The Lord only knows why I'd even want any kind of control....but here I am. 

Maybe it's a day where nothing seems to go right, and by right I mean the way I wanted it to go. Do I need to readjust my expectations? Of myself? Of other people? Of every situation? Most times I'd like to believe that the people I come into contact with or the situations I find myself in will adhere to my interpretation of what is acceptable...but that's me dreaming out loud. We are who we are, and with effort we can bend, but at the end of the day we just have to try to be the best we can, and a lot of times I fall short, even when I have the best of intentions.

I know sometimes I need to get out of my own way. I know I need to get rid of the pessimistic attitude I know lives in a dark part of me. Sometimes it comes out to play and crashes the party without even an invite. So what is the best thing to do...

Recently, I have found that giving thanks, being kind (even when I feel I can't), and counting every blessing in my life are the many spoons full of sugar that I need to get the dimpled smile back on my face!

I am a woman of God. I am marrying the man of my dreams. My family is amazing. My friends are beautiful. I have a job. I have a roof over my head, and enough money to keep Starbucks in business. Life is good!

No comments: