Wednesday, February 6, 2013

when God closes one door....

...he most certainly opens another. I know God has a plan for me, and for my family. I try so very hard to be patient and remind myself that his timing is and will always be perfect. I try not to question. Try being the key word in all of the above sentences.

A happy Monday it was not. Jason and I found out that Ryleigh's daycare is going to be shutting down as of March 1st. I was caught off guard, and it took me most the night to process the information. Shock was first, then confusion, and finally irritation set in. Thing is, once I went through all of these emotions and got out of my own selfish way, I felt awful because in the end it's about the care Ryleigh is given. I can't begin to express my appreciation for the women that care for her each day. They are patient, kind, forgiving, and all around wonderful. I know that when I am unable to be with her during my work day, that she is safe, she is being challenged and loved.

After a bit of scrambling we've found a new daycare home for her. When we return from our trip to visit my parents in Florida she'll start part time at a place very close to our house (and close to work) and we're incredibly at peace with everything that is to come. Now, having said that...she'll be part time....so she'll also be enrolled at daddy daycare. Jason will be watching her 3 days a week. Boy are we so glad that he works from home now!! This is a true blessing during this transition. Once April comes roaring in Ry will go back full time, and I'm sure she'll be ready. The socialization and stimulation are so welcome. She loves other kids! She's little miss social and is constantly on the go. She's a sponge and it's so amazing how fast she is learning so many new things. She's growing up too fast that's for sure.

So, with a heavy heart we'll leave the family we've been a part of for the past 13 months and start the next adventure with a positive attitude.

We are so grateful, and blessed to have had the women from Children's Garden care for our Ryleigh. Thank you for the bottom of our hearts, and well wishes to you all.




No comments: