Thursday, February 7, 2013

30, I welcome you

Well, today is the day. I'm 30, and I'm incredibly happy about it! I welcome 30, and I know that the best years are in front of me.

My 20's were...well, questionable on many occasions, but isn't that what your 20's are for?!? I loved, I lost, I worked, I schooled, I moved, I cried, I traveled, I fought, I fell in love (the all consuming, inconvenient, can't live without each other love that Carrie Bradshaw talks about), I drank, I laughed (that really good, deep belly laugh), I prayed, I got engaged, I got married, I gave birth, and through it all I found myself.

Well, wait, I believe I will always be on the never ending journey of finding myself, but I absolutely know who I am better than I ever have right now. I'm comfortable in my own skin. I am beautiful because my husband makes me feel beautiful, every day, all of the time.... being a mom to our Ryleigh is the best part of me, and God loves me even though I have one million flaws. Life is good.

After reading this little bit of perspective from this blog I follow called the minimalists I have to agree with more than a couple of them and I've written my own take on the subjects below.

2. Love isn't enough - I totally agree with him on this...the action we take to show others that we love them is crucial. A quote from the amazing Les Miserables says it best "To love another person is to see the face of God." ~Victor Hugo

7. Health is more important than most of us treat it -   yes, what he said. From my previous post about running...I know that I need to do this. I need to respect my body more.  Not only for myself, but for my family. I know they want me around for a long time, and time is flying by. I am taking control. I still don't like running, but we're getting along, civil even. I'll let you know when I'm smitten.

11. Relationships matter - I am blessed to have so many amazing people in my life. From family to my dear forever friends, I value all of you. Each relationship I've had in my life (positive or negative...long or short) has shaped me, and I'm so thankful and better for them. Investing in relationships is very important to me no matter where I am in life. I hope I make the people I love feel it. I hope they know my heart, and see my sincere intention.

16. I am not the center of the universe - ah, so it's true. I am not. In my 20's this rang true...so loudly that I made so many bad decisions. Selfish decisions. Rash decisions. When I met Jason, and was shown first hand how perfect and unconditional love felt, it changed me. It was no longer about me. When Ryleigh was born that love intensified times...well everything. My perspective has shifted. It had to shift...needed to shift.

19. We are often scared for no reason - well, I am a worrier of sorts. Not about everything, just things I can't control...which I guess means just about everything. Funny how that works. I am also a planner, and I believe this is the culprit in most situations. I am not in control. He is. All I need is a hug from Jason, and a small reminder that "everything is going to be ok" because it usually is.

27. Openness is just as important as honesty- Openness is more complicated than honesty. Openness involves being honest, while painting an accurate picture, shooting straight, not misleading other people, and being real. Openness is far more subjective, and you have to be honest with yourself before you can be open with others. This doesn’t mean that you must put your entire life on display. Some things are private, and that’s OK too. - Agreed with a capital A!  The subjectivity of it is very real, and I've come to realize I can only say what I need/want to say, and that's all I can do.

30. I'm still trying to figure it all out - I would never claim to have it all figured out, and anyone that does is just lying. Truth, although I am a planner, I love spontaneity. The unknown is scary, but I have experience with scary. I have experience with so many things, I just need to continue changing my perspective.

There you  have it. I welcome 30 and I am excited to see what challenges lie ahead. I've got my big girl pants on...lets go.



No comments: