Friday, May 31, 2013

peggy

The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts... and today I am praying this promise more than ever. For myself, and for the grieving family and friends of Peggy Pittman.

Miss Peggy was one of Ryleigh's caregivers at our first daycare. Sweet, patient, kind, quiet, and so wonderful with all of the children. When I made the decision to go back to work, it was hard, but my anxiety was calmed when I knew I was leaving Ryleigh with Peggy. She took to Ryleigh and vice versa. She was with our little bug every day for the first year of her life and we are so blessed by this. The trust that was formed will forever be something I'm so grateful for. The love I have for this woman is so very special and I will never forget her and how she was a true sign of Gods love for everyone around her. Her life was cut short because she was trying to help someone else, and that speaks so loudly to the person she was.

My heart just breaks for her family. She leaves behind an adoring husband, two beautiful daughters, and an adorable grandson. I pray that in this difficult time, they have the comfort of knowing that she is in a place where there is no pain, no suffering. A place where she can wait for them, and a place that I am sure she is happy to be. As hard as that is to hear when all we want to do is have the person here with us selfishly, I feel that it should also be a comfort. I hope in time it will be.

As chance would have it... I ran into her at the grocery store a couple of days ago. She gave me a big hug, and the first thing she asked me about was Ryleigh. She had a huge smile on her face as I was giving her some updates, and we both agreed that we should get together soon. I was able to meet her daughter Amanda, she was very sweet, and had a kind smile just like her mother. I wished them well and went on my way...I never would have thought that would be the last time I'd see her.

When something so unexpected happens a fresh perspective is unveiled. Life is short. The unimaginable can happen, and I don't want to take anything for granted. Hug your loved ones tight, and tell them you love them. Forgive and let go. Move forward and be grateful for each sunrise and sunset. Count every single blessing, and never let yourself get comfortable.

Peggy was a true angel here on earth, and I pray that she is with her creator and smiling because of it.



No comments: