Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5K

On December 28, 2012 I made the decision to start running. It was probably around 20 degrees, but I got off the couch and got out there. I didn't like it, but I did it...and then I did it again, and again. I never paid attention to my time. My first goal was to run as far as I could without stopping to walk. (Little victories people...little victories.) My runs got longer and I stopped breathing as hard. Go me!

Fast forward to May 11, 2013, the day of the Fifth Third Riverbank Run...my very first 5K race. I was so excited, so nervous, so anxious and at the end of it so very very proud of myself. I ran the whole thing without stopping to walk. Big victory people, very big victory. Jason, my amazing and encouraging husband, never left my side. He was rooting for me the entire way (even when I told him to shush the few times I did b/c I just needed to focus on my pace, sorry babe!)

We sprinted the last 100 feet or so and crossed the finish line hand in hand. I was so happy, and so glad to have experienced this with him.

I have the itch. I want to do another one this summer so I'm on the hunt ....and next year it's 10K time. I know I can do it, I know I can.



No comments: