Thursday, August 25, 2011

Best weekend ever...filled with surprises!

So wow...this past weekend was amazing and a bit of a blur at the moment as my preggo brain is still trying to comprehend everything that happened! We had shower's 2 & 3 Saturday and Sunday and our baby girl is so incredibly spoiled. I have no idea how I was able to get everything into her closet...but I did. It's like a jigsaw puzzle and I'm afraid if we take one thing out it's going to explode haha! 


Saturday Grandma Kingma, Auntie Stace, and Auntie Erin threw us a shower with amazing food, decor, and the group of woman surrounding us were so happy and excited to celebrate our baby girl! She got so many adorable outfits, toys, and so many things that we still needed! Thank you to all who were there and for everything that was done to make that day so special! 


Aunt Erin surprised us all the way from Colorado for the weekend! We were all so excited to have her home and I am so blessed that she took the time to be there for beanette and me!!! 


After filling my brother's truck up with no room to spare we headed home to unload everything and found out that the power was out after a storm that had passed through. Not ideal! But we managed to get everything into the house and sent my Mom and Keith out to dinner to celebrate their 24th wedding anniversary!!! Jason and I had plans to head to Kalamazoo to celebrate Jenn & Bo's engagement at Bravo for dinner. The second surprise of the day was that it was NOT an engagement party, but a full blown WEDDING celebration! What an amazing surprise and we were so honored to have been a part of their special day! They are so happy and in love and I know God will bless their marriage for years to come!!! 


After partying it up with all our friends on Saturday night to celebrate Jenn & Bo....we were tired, but the weekend still wasn't over. We headed to Real Food Cafe (my fav here in GR) and made church our second stop. After that we headed back over to Grandma Kingma's for shower #3 given by Auntie Stacey and Auntie Cindy (who flew all the way home from Atlanta to help with the shower!!!) I am so so blessed to have the friends that I do....they all came from near and far and it meant the world to me to have everyone under one roof to celebrate this miracle to come! I love you all so much and appreciate every effort you made to be there that day! 

From diaper cakes, books, Michigan gear, snowsuit, and more necessities we were so blessed to have the truck filled to the top once more. (I admit I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to fit anything else into her room....but we did it! Pictures to come!) The shower was amazing. Aunt Stacey made the most delicious food and everything was purple and perfect! So blessed is this baby to have so many Auntie's that love her already! Thank you a million times over for everything! 


Best weekend ever! Full of love and surprises, and everything purple:) 
So blessed and thankful are we! All three of us! 



No comments: