Monday, August 15, 2011

Pre-Baby Getaway

If you ever get the chance to go to Boyne City, Michigan...GO! Jason and I ventured up there this past weekend in hopes for some much needed R&R before life gets really crazy with the arrival of our baby girl in just 5 short weeks! Mr. and Mrs. Noffsinger are wonderful and let us stay at their cottage. It's gorgeous and we immediately felt right at home! 


We must be gettin' really old because when we arrived we checked things out, unpacked, and took naps! Then walked downtown to look for something good to eat and watched the Tigers.  The next day we had coffee on the porch and just enjoyed the peace and quiet. It was raining, but I didn't mind...with that comes a cooler day and man oh man did I need that! It also means fall is coming which excites me to no end. I love when the leaves change colors, and Michigan football starts!!! 


We met our friends, Marvin and Lindsay, for lunch at the Water Street Cafe (I was told this was a must by my friend Jess) and boy was she right! Delicious!  Later we took a drive to Petoskey for some window shopping and then headed back and had dinner at Cafe Sante (another must I was told) and we ate like kings again for the second time that day! Sunday morning we joined Marvin and Lindsay for church and then made our way to Boyne Mountain so that Jay could do a little golfing! I was the designated driver...I don't golf and I think my belly would get in the way if I would have tried anyhow! 


We had the perfect weekend! I hope that we can go back sometime after Baby K is a little older so that she can play with Hayden and Hudson Simms (the Noffsinger's grandsons) oh the trio they will be :) 


Update: 35 Weeks
I had doctors appointment today and I'm measuring at exactly 35 weeks and everything is looking great! She's moving around a lot and I'm sure it's getting pretty cramped in there! I feel pretty good for the most part, but it doesn't take much to make me tired. No swollen feet or stretch marks so I feel good about that:) 


The countdown is on!!! 




No comments: