Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Project Headboard

On top of all of the other little things we've been doing around the house, and all of those other little things that still need to be taken care of...I want to add a DIY project to the mix...


Subject: Headboard


To tuft or not to tuft...that is the question? 


If you aren't sure what I mean here are some pictures of headboards I've fallen in love with while obsessively pinning on Pinterest! (I just can't stop!) 


Tufted Headboards


The top right is my absolute favorite! It just looks so...cozy to me! Don't you think? I've seen this DIY project done on many shows on the HGTV network, and there are millions of blogs out there with precise instructions. I think Jason and I could handle this with my dad's help and nail gun...as long as I'm not the one using the nail gun! haha

This is what our bedroom looks like right now...pretty bare, but I love our bedding! You can't see it, but there is a small white headboard behind our massive amount of pillows. I love the pillows and they are staying, so we'll need to make the headboard pretty big....just not sure what color would look best? I'm thinking cream???


We also need to get a new dresser, and nightstand...just a few things on our to get list:) 
Any input would be great. I'm going to think about it over the weekend and hopefully we can make a decision and get this project started!!! 

2 comments:

Carpe Diem said...

Bud I love the tuft, I definitely think you should do it!! Super cute, your house is coming together, I love it!! :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Kate said...

What color or your walls? That could totatlly dictate your color choice!