Friday, April 23, 2010

I love the 80's

I loved growing up in the 80's! Now, I know that the toys back then aren't as "high tech" as most of what there is now, but I remember playing in the sandbox with the tonka trucks (I was a bit of a tom boy) and then entertaining myself for hours and hours as I was building my own city with Lincoln Logs in my Grandparents basement. I'd throw in some Lego's here and there and when I'd get bored with that I'd go play with my chemistry set. I am sure I made my mom very nervous a couple of times...ok, who in their right mind thought that was a good idea? Really..children playing with chemicals...I think I might have been 9 or 10, ...I remember making something like sparklers, and yes, actually making sure they worked by lighting them on fire...oh boy! If I wasn't busy attempting to burn the down the kitchen, I was playing Nintendo, trying to beat the 8th level (I think that was the highest one) with Luigi. I liked him better than Mario. When I'd get bored with that I'd head to my Rainbow Bright room and read one of my many Babysitter's Club books! Wow, so many great memories! 

Now there's Wii, and Xbox, and tons and tons of electronic games...don't get me wrong these are fun too (especially Wii, I love that you can make one that looks just like you) but I have to say that I'm glad we grew up with what we had...and I love reminiscing...kind of makes me feel REALLY old!!!

What was your favorite toy?

No comments: