Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Goosebumps

It's Easter Sunday, and I'm sitting with Jason and his family in the second row waiting for the service to begin. People are filing in, everyone is hugging, talking, smiling, and most of all celebrating! I love Crossroads. It's humble, real, and honest. Everyone is so friendly, and despite the fact that it's held in an elementary school gymnasium, it's members make it larger than life. 

I can't help but feel this huge calm come over me every time we attend a service and this visit was no exception. With the holiday being Easter, it brings with it lots of Easter dresses! There were kids everywhere and the little girls were all dressed to impress. Purples, pinks, yellows, and every other color of the rainbow was out in full force and they were all so adorable!!

The worship began, and we sang our hearts out. Like every time before I feel the goosebumps start to rise on my skin. The music, the people, the love, and the energy are electric, and contagious. In the middle of the second song, I close my eyes and say a little prayer of thanks for all that God has done. When I open my eyes, I look over to the left and in the very front row I see a young father and his little girl. I'd have to guess she was just shy of 2 years old, with fiery red hair, and she was decked out in the most adorable little purple dress and shiny white patent leather shoes. Just as I looked at her, she turned my way and looked right back at me and smiled this huge cheeky smile, and of course I couldn't help but smile back. I continued to sing and just before the song ended I look back over at this little angel and when I do, there she is, standing her small 2 feet tall and has her tiny little right arm raised to God, reaching as high as she can. My heart just leaps. I am so overcome by the sight of this that I start to cry. Tears of joy. 

Now, I know she's very young, and maybe she didn't know what she was doing, but I'd like to think that God was working in that room, with her, and with everyone else that was there to worship and thank him. Goosebumps are the best part...the tugging of my heart strings never gets old.




No comments: