Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Anniversary Chicago!

It's official, as of tomorrow, September 3, 2009, I will have lived in Chicago, IL for one whole year! I have to say I'm quite proud of myself! For the past 4 years I have moved around so much and have done so many things that I have not stayed in one place for more than 11 months or so...as much as moving is a pain, I'm not sad I did it as many times as I did. I have met a lot of great people, have lived in fantastic places, and most importantly made memories that will last me a lifetime! I did sign my lease and will be here for another year! I have mastered public transportation, learned that you can only go as far East as the lake shore allows, where the drink deals are in the Redeye every morning, accepted that it's impossible for people not to invade my personal space while walking, or riding, and people are crazy and that's just the way it is! I love the city because of the culture it provides, the people I've met, and that I wake up every morning and never know what to expect! The nostalgia hasn't worn off and I think that's the best part!

No comments: