Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What a "Beautiful Day" indeed!










This past Saturday I attended the U2 concert at Soldier Field with my girl Rachel, and can confidently say that it was the most AMAZING concert I have ever experienced! Everything about it was over the top. This was my first time visiting the stadium, so that was overwhelming to begin with, and once we were inside and climbed the many steps to our seat, I turned around and was even more amazed by the stage! As you can see it was massive and sort of looked like a cross between an octopus and a space ship! Snow Patrol opened and they were fantastic, and after the sun went down...the members of U2 made their way on to the stage! The stadium was packed full and it was so loud! The third song they played was "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and at the beginning of the first chorus Bono stopped singing and the crowd took over...it was an awesome moment! They played alot of new songs off their new album (which I will be purchasing asap) and alot of old favorites of course. The stage continued to change throughout the entire concert never looking the same for a second, the special effects were incredible!

As the concert went on...I was waiting and waiting for Jasons and my favorite song to play, and after what we thought were 2 encores they played "With or Without You" I was so excited!!! They changed the arrangment and I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it, but it was great live nonetheless! The concert came to an end and then all hell broke loose! Getting out of Soldier Field was like a herd of cattle being led into a wall. It was AWFUL....Rachel and kept saying how fun it would be to go to a Bears game...well, by the end of the night we decided that we'd rethink that one! So, if you are ever planning on going there...just be warned:) Regardless of the chaose post concert, I had a wonderful time! Thank you Rachel, I'll never forget it!!!!!

No comments: