Tuesday, September 16, 2014

a birthday letter

My Ryleigh, 
At this time three years ago I was pretty comfortable in my hospital room waiting for you to turn just a little bit more in my tummy so that you could make your entrance into the world safely. It's amazing to think back to those last few hours when it was just your daddy and I...fast forward to today and I cannot imagine my life without you in it. 

You have taught me so much more than I ever expected to learn about myself. You've taught me about love and how easy it is to open my heart and love unconditionally throughout every moment of the day. You've taught me how to be patient even when I don't feel I have an ounce of patience left in me. You've taught me how to laugh harder than I ever thought possible, and you've taught me just how vulnerable I can be, need to be, want to be. You have taught me what it means to be truly thankful, and not take for granted that I was given the most precious gift from God, and that is to be your mama.

You are an incredibly smart, silly, extremely persistent, highly animated, and very stubborn bolt of energy that makes our world so much brighter. You talk with your hands just like I do, and you've the the same dance moves like your daddy. You have an insatiable appetite for learning, and you want to know everything about the world around you. You are very interested in purses, chap stick, and you cannot get enough cocoa wheat's. Your favorite question is "why?" You love hiding daddy's gum around the house. You love to help mommy do laundry, and you love dance lessons. 

Some days I don't think it's possible to love you more, but then I do. You are the best thing I've ever done, and I am so proud of you and how you are growing up. God sure did bless us three years ago. 
Happy Birthday Ryleigh Anne. We love you so much! 

~Mama




No comments: