Thursday, October 9, 2014

secrets out

When Jason and I decided to start having the conversation about adding to our family we both had to sit back and laugh a little...laugh because this was the first time we were having this type of conversation and we already had a two year old.

We'd only been married two short months when I found out I was pregnant with Ryleigh. Shock is the first word that comes to mind...then I admittedly took my precious time processing what was happening to me and didn't really feel much of a connection until the night I felt her kick me from deep inside. At that moment, I feel in love, and I've been falling even more in love with her every minute of each day. 

Round two has been completely different...emotionally and physically. Emotionally, I'm a roller coaster. Excitement mixed with fear, and feeling anxious more than I ever have. Worrying more than I ever thought possible...which is quite irritating I must say. Physically, I'm just whipped. Tired all the time, feeling pretty sick, and getting sick a lot of the time too. Aside from the anxiety and sickness I'm so so excited for this baby to get here and add that much more joy and chaos to our little family. 

If it's a girl, we got this. If it's a boy, it'll be that much more of an adventure. If Ryleigh has her way, she'll have a brother to spoil and tease. We ask her daily what the baby will be and every day she says it'll be a boy. She won't even entertain the thought that it could be a girl. So sure is she. We'll see if she's right on November 3rd! 

We are so thankful for all of the well wishes and congratulations. It's an overwhelming, but pretty amazing ride we're on. 





No comments: