Friday, October 7, 2011

time flies

Ryleigh is 3 weeks old today! I can't believe how fast time flies! She's growing like a weed and getting more adorable each day. At her check up yesterday we found out that she's grown 2 inches and she weighed in at 9 lbs 8 oz...she was born at 7 lbs 12 oz...so she's eating very well. The doctor said she's doing beautifully, and that was music to our ears. We aren't looking forward to the 2 month check up....she'll have to get her first round of shots, and I think I might cry right along with her...

As for me, I'm doing well...feeling better everyday and trying to get as much sleep as I can. People warn you about the lack of sleep factor, and it definitely rings true...more than I thought at least. Nana and Papa Neel came to stay with us last night, and we got a full 8 hours of sleep! I feel like a brand new person today:) 


Aside from the sleep deprivation, getting used to my post pregnancy body has been the other challenge. I am sick of maternity clothes, and yet still have to wear some of them...boo! I know it's only been 3 weeks and things take time, but I'm about as impatient as they come so it's pretty hard to look at my closet full of fall clothes and know that I can't yet fit into most of them. So...for now I stalk pinterest (hourly...I know it's ridiculous) looking for things I love, and pray that someday soon I can try them out! 


I'm all about comfy, cozy, and scarves....I am still obsessed with scarves! I'm so loving the green loafers, the bright yellow sweater, and anything gray or purple!!! 


Here's hoping I can try some of these out before the leaves hit the ground! Happy Fall:) 




1 comment:

Greta said...

so happy to hear that you and the baby are doing well! I forget what fall clothes even are!! Oh! I am going to be in trouble this time next year.


love to my pretties!