Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

This weekend was a wonderful, and very eye opening weekend. I was able to spend time with family and friends...I laughed and I cried, and sang my heart out during worship today in church. God is good, he is so so good. 

Friday Jason and I spent time with family at dinner, catching up and getting updates on my Grandma Hall. She is in extremely poor health and had made the decision that it was time to go into a hospice center.  This is a very difficult thing for family to process, but she is incredibly at peace with her decision, so we are all going to make every effort to keep her happy, comfortable, and surrounded by family until she is taken to heaven in Gods' time. 

We were also able to spend time with more family...Lindsay and Jessie and their families. Visiting and hearing all the wonderful things that are happening in their lives. Jess and Kris are busy with their twin boys, and Lindsay and Greg are building a house, and planning a wedding! It just seems so crazy how time flies! It makes my heart smile knowing that my girlfriends are so happy, and that we've remained so close after all of these years. 

My brother, Davey, is also home on leave to spend time with our Grandma. He surprised me at church this morning, and I felt like I was in my very own episode of the show "Coming Home" and screamed with absolute joy, and cried like a baby when he hugged me. I didn't want to let go. My baby brother was home. I'm so excited to spend time with him this week, as he'll be deployed to Iraq in July for 12 long months. 

On this Easter Sunday, I am reminded of Gods' unconditional love for his children. In the midst of pain and suffering, His love and grace is comfort, and the hope that lives in him also lives in me. It's been a tough week, and this weekend healed me a little bit. 

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." John 11: 25-26




No comments: