Wednesday, December 15, 2010

wicked

This past Saturday Jason and I ventured  to my hometown of Kalamazoo, MI and headed to Miller Auditorium with my Dad, Kathy, and little sister Carley to see WICKED. The show was sold out (as it had been all week) and I was so giddy and excited I could hardly stand it. I had been wanting to see the show for the past couple of years and just missed it when it was in Chicago when we were living there.


It was amazing! It absolutely lived up to all the hype, and everything that I'd ever heard about it was spot on. The story was intriguing, the cast was picked perfectly, and I cannot get the songs out of my head! I was secretly jealous of the girls on stage....when I was little I always dreamed of being in a Broadway show. I used to get all dressed up in my moms red heels and sing along to every musical I owned. In our living room, I played Eliza from My Fair Lady...Sandy in Grease...Marian the Librarian in the Music Man....you name it, I sang it! I was a one woman show, and pretty good I might add for a 6 year old!

I highly recommend this to everyone...even if Broadway isn't your thing...this show might just change your mind!


No comments: