Friday, June 4, 2010

Chicago...is my kind of town!

Over Memorial Day weekend Jason and I set out to be tourists in our own city. Our friends, Paul and Emily, came to join us in our adventure, and a boat tour through the city was first on our list! The tour was incredible and we learned so much about the architecture and numerous fun facts about some of the buildings. The sun was out and there wasn't a cloud in the sky, it was the perfect day for it. After that we bar crawled around the city, and watched the Cubs game (we're still Tiger's fans, but this one was for Paul!) I admit, it was bittersweet mainly because I started thinking about the move we'll be making come this fall. 

We have fallen in love with Chicago, and like any relationship there are things we cherish, but there are also things we know we can live without! We love that there are so many restaurants you couldn't possibly get bored. We have the rush of the city, and are still just steps away from Lake Michigan. I love the shopping, and the fact that there is a Starbucks on every corner. Jason loves to bike down Lakeshore Dr. and loves the sports bars with their open windows in the summer! We love that so many places are within walking distance, and that I can go see the polar bears at Lincoln Park Zoo whenever I want to for free! We love the community of friends that we have made here and the many happy hour get togethers we plan. Reading the daily specials in the Red Eye, the concert halls, the millions of places to do brunch, Twisted Spoke Bloody Marys, Gaslight Montana wraps, our reading spot in the park, Cody's, and the fact that the nostalgia never wore off are all things we're happy to have experienced...I guess the only things we won't miss are the never ending sirens (literally every 2 mins) and having to brave CTA on a daily basis! I'm sure I'll have nightmares about the guy on the overhead speaker on the Red Line "This is Fullerton, transfer to Brown and Purple line trains at Fullerton" haha!

I'm glad that I have the summer with you Chicago...let's make it a memorable one! 

No comments: