Tuesday, June 1, 2010

best foot forward

I was stranded in my apartment yesterday while the thunderstorm raged on outside my window so I decided to get up the courage to (dun dun dun) clean out my closet! And clean I did! Now, getting rid of clothes was no problem, that needed to be done. I had clothes in there that I hadn't worn in years....I guess I was hoping that one day that the brilliantly beaded shirt from forever 21 would come back in style, or that a certain pair of jeans would fit again...but neither happened (sigh) so it was time. 

Shirts and sweaters went first, followed by pants, then I cleaned out my jewelry box, and got rid of about 5 purses...then, I had to face the big bin at the bottom of my closet...my shoes.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I have a bit of a problem when it comes to shoes. I can't walk out of a store without a pair! I will try them on at least 6 times, think about what I'd wear with them...where I'd wear them...most of the time totally dismissing whether I actually "need" them or not. Meaning I have more pairs of shoes then one person needs. It's a bit shameful really! As I sat there on my bedroom floor surrounded by my plethora of shoes I couldn't help but think about how I feel when I walk in each pair...

The older I get the more practical I have become ...those 3 inch heels aren't as comfortable as they once were, and a pair of flip flops and my Chuck Taylors fit nice and snug! I notice my style changing with the seasons just like my personality and I feel comfortable, and happy in my own skin...and in my shoes:) 

I have shoes I like to play in, walk in, run in, dance in, impress in, and work in...and in a couple of days I'll be shopping for a pair that I'll be walking down the aisle in. To be honest, these feel like my very first pair of REAL grown up shoes! When I think about that pair of shoes...I picture something glamorous, but comfortable. Something stylish, but modest. Something sturdy, and something I can trust..so I can concentrate on walking gracefully towards my future...with my best foot forward!

No comments: