Thursday, December 10, 2009

Young Lives


Last night I met a new friend for coffee and had a great conversation about a new volunteer opportunity I'm interested in! I was online the other day and this specific add caught my attention. It's called Young Lives and it is a ministry of Young Life designed to focus on teen mothers and their babies. I was connected with a girl named Erin and she heads up the program and is in the works of putting together a group of mentors for Young Lives as it is new to the Chicagoland area. As our meeting was only an introduction, I'm very excited to learn more and volunteer my time to the program. Along with mentoring they do what's called "Club" where all the girls, children, and mentors all come together once a month as a time for fellowship with food, activities, and childcare. It gives the girls a chance to connect and build new friendships, and also to hear real life messages about God's love! I'm very excited to dive into this and not only help the girls, but also learn from them as well!

http://www.younglife.org/YoungLives/

No comments: