Monday, December 28, 2009

Deck the Hall's

U-505 Submarine at the Museum


The Hall family + 1 Kingma :)

Huge Christmas tree at the Museum

Planes

Carley was so excited to ride CTA!

The plaid boys!

The weekend before Christmas my Dad, Kathy, and Carley came to visit! We spent time together as a family and did some touristy things during the day! We headed to Five Guys for lunch (anyone who has talked to Jason since that Saturday now knows what Five Guys is if they didn't before, I think he's obsessed!) Then drove down Lakeshore Dr. to the Museum of Science and Industry. I'd never been before so it was a great experience! We walked around for a couple of hours and saw the the U-505 (top pic) it was incredible! We saw planes, and a toy making machine, and the baby chicks in the genetics exhibit, and did the fighter jet simulator (which went upside down and made me a little sick to my stomach! haha) I'd love to go back and see everything we didn't get to see, so that's on the Chicago to-do list!

After the museum we headed back to rest a bit. We got some dinner, opened presents, and watched a movie! Dad got Jason his very first tool box! They were both like kinds in a candy store! I got a new coffee machine and it's amazing!!! We are so blessed, and thankful! Spending time together was the best present of all! We love you guys!!!

1 comment:

StJoeSchoony's said...

We went to the museum when the trees were up 2 years ago...loved it,...hadn't done it since I was a kid. Hope you had an awesome Christmas!