Thursday, January 24, 2013

running and I almost like it

If you are annoyed by my instagram posts about making good life choices, it seems as though I really am!! I figured it was a fun way to keep motivated, and hold myself accountable. Yes, I am running. I know I know....when and how did all of this come about, well I made a promise to myself on Dec 28th that I was HONESTLY and fiercely going to do something about this baby weight. Ryleigh is way past 1 and I'm still hanging on to more than I should be. The free for all of unhealthy eating is done, and I'm trying my hardest to stay on the right track.

Running is something I've never, ever, ever, liked doing. I got bored. I couldn't breathe, and I just wasn't motivated. But now, after making myself get out there and do it, I don't hate it. I still don't like it...but maybe that'll change. We are still getting to know each other...this running and I. So the next couple of dates with the sidewalk may or may not tell me if we're in this for the long haul. I'll get back to you on that.

The goal right now is to run for a good amount of time without stopping to walk. Now, this might be a laughable goal to some of you, but honestly, it's awesome when I can make it back to the house with this awesome sense of accomplishment...high five myself  (I do this, but it looks awkward) and head inside to get a hug from my biggest and littlest fans. I've done it enough times that I'm confident that I can continue to run without stopping for as far as I want, just depends on my pace. So a run or 2 ago I started to use the mapmyrun app just to see how long it was really taking me when I went  however far I felt like going that day and to my amazement I was actually running faster than I thought. Bonus!

Now, January is really a very silly time to decide to do this. 19 degrees was my coldest run, and I couldn't feel my legs after the first mile. Quite honestly, I think it might have helped me continue.
Regardless, I give myself props for getting out there in the winter. It's NOT very fun, and it's definitely not easy, but when I get out of a hot shower I feel pretty darn good about what I've done.

I've got some help from the sis in law and our cousin who have decided to join me in the instagram accountability group...so fun to encourage one another and get that cyber high five from them!

Taking on the treadmill tonight...instagram pic to come..

No comments: