Thursday, December 6, 2012

Standing still a minute

November came and went. How did that happen? One minute we were celebrating Halloween with our little Chick-fil-a cow and then its' December 6th. I want, need, have to stand still for a minute. So here I am, checking in once again to the total of 19 people that follow this tiny little blog, and let you know what the Kingma clan has been up to.

Well, Halloween was a success. Ryleigh learned how to "Moo"  just in time to act the part of our cute little cow, and Jason creatively added the artwork around her neck. I love him, and his sense of humor. She does not yet know what candy is, all she wanted to do was go outside, play with rocks, and wave at the kids. All in all it was a successful night.

Hello November...I welcomed it. I love gearing up for Thanksgiving. It's my most favorite holiday. What could be better than mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey, and everything pumpkin?!
While counting down the days until my most beloved holiday there were some fun things that have happened to our little family lately that we had to celebrate. Jason got a new job, and loves having the opportunity to work from home. I love it too because he loves to cook, and I come home to lots of yummy goodies many times a week. Spoiled are Ry and I. Ryleigh turned 14 months and has been cracking us up every step of the way. She has added some new words to her vocab, and I think our favorite was "cookah" for cookie, and without fail she asked for it every morning for a solid 2 weeks. She is her mother's daughter.

Later in the month we got to go to our annual Michigan game! Jason was like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning. Up at 5am making homemade cinnamon rolls, and ready to head to the Big House. We met up with friends, tailgated, and watched one heck of a game. Michigan beat Northwestern in Overtime. GO BLUE!

A week after the game my Dad made a little trip down to the Cleveland Clinic for a surgery to have a pacemaker put in to help with his heart. I am so thankful for the clinic, the doctors, and everyone that took care of him. His recovery has been a smooth one, and he looks and feels great! We all got a nice surprise when Davey came home to surprise Dad when he got a short leave from Fort Hood:) Those are the best surprises. Also, while they were down in Cleveland, Carley turned 19. This is crazy to me and made me feel very old! She now has her license and shiny new SUV to go with it. She started school a couple of weeks ago and is doing well and getting used to being away from home.

Lets see what else....oh I can't forget Carrie Underwood. Jason (the most awesome hubs ever) had purchased these tickets for me for Mother's day and and we had an amazing time! I have a total girl crush on her.

Then it was Thanksgiving. That time of year when you count your blessings, and stuff your belly. We spent the day relaxing, watching Papa and Ryleigh dance to gangam style, watched some football, ate , napped, ate more, and spent time with friends with a glass of wine and a very competitive game of Catch-phrase:) It was the perfect day.

December is already flying by. We've had friends visit from Chicago, watched the Lions lose to the Colts at Ford Field, put the lights on the tree, and had one White Elephant party already. In the upcoming weeks I'm SO excited to spend time with family, and friends, and I hope that we have the chance to stand still at each gathering to appreciate and give thanks to God for every blessing he has given us this year.





No comments: