Sunday, June 28, 2009

Is something burning?



It's Friday night! We grilled out with some friends, played some Euchre, and headed out for a night in Bucktown! After grabbing some drinks at Northside we made our way to Empire Liquors. Of course upon arrival I had to excuse myself to the little girls room (as many of you know I have the smallest bladder in the U.S.) and when I came back my loving boyfriend had a 40 waiting for me, as seen in the picture. (I'm not sure what Jason is doing, Karen is giving "her face" and I'm not quite sure what this night would bring!)

As always, the best nights are those that are not planned and this night was no exception. This new bar was quite the establishment. Great people, cozy seating, romantically lit corners for those who felt it intimate enough to have a full on make out session (many couples didn't disappoint) great music, and unsafe mood lighting.

What happens next is under great debate.

We were all dancing to what was probably the 5th Michael Jackson song of the evening and I noticed we were uncomfortably close to a candle that happened to be sitting on the ledge behind us. I then warned my moon-walk attempting boyfriend to be careful. (The truth.) He innocently and gently pushed me up against the wall to give me a little kiss (mushy I know) and then....an awful but distinct smell filled the air...next smoke....and then I hear my friend Karen say "Courtney, your hair is on fire!"
Maybe it was just me, but I am pretty sure everyone person on the dance floor was starring at me, and plugging their noses! I then start to laugh because only this would happen to me, and frantically dart to the little girls room once more.

Some friends followed and helped me check it out, and yes, the smell wasn't lyin'! I had black, burnt hair, and there was ash all over my chest. After pulling myself together, it was time to call it a night!

So, the moral of the story is this: Candles, should never be allowed near or on a dance floor. Period. (Especially when people are allowed to drink 40's!!!)






No comments: